Re: [AMBER] GTX Titan was finally released

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 13:03:28 -0800

>BTW speaking about the new top HW technologies, how is the
>story about the Amber + Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor ( the "GPU killer"
>:))
>).
>
>(
>http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/xeon/xeon-phi-detail.htm
>)

If I could actually get Intel to give me a card to test things and develop
on then all would be good but these things are still mostly vaporware plus
we are talking stupid money for them - don't expect $500 versions of these
things anytime soon. :-( Performance wise as long as you only ever compare
performance on an entire Phi card to a single Phi core then it looks rosy.
If you compare an entire phi card to an 8 core sandy bridge CPU then, well
errrr.. <cough> <cough>.. Linpack runs well though :-D

It might kill an Intel HD GPU ;-)

All the best
Ross

/\