Re: [AMBER] Error with MMPBSA calculation

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 07:50:47 -0500

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM, aneesh cna <aneeshcna.gmail.com> wrote:

> hi Jason,
>
> Thanks for your immediate reply. If that is the case, why the calculation
> completed successfully when I considered 20 frames.

In Amber 9, imin=5 does not work with decomposition (the decomp data never
gets 'reset' for each frame, so the values just accumulate). This was
fixed in Amber 11, but never back-ported to earlier versions. For only 20
frames, the values don't get large enough to overflow the output format in
the mdout file, so it can still be parsed.

> Can I trust the data
> I am getting for 20 frames?

No. You really need Amber 11 or later.

HTH,