Re: [AMBER] PROBLEMS IN SETTING UP PHOSPHORYLATED SIMULATION MODELS

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 07:45:09 -0500

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013, Theodosia Teo wrote:

> My protein kinase involves two phosphorylated residue. As I have no ideas
> how to allow leap to recognise the force field of two phosphorylated
> residues, I downloaded both OFF and FRCMOD files from
> http://www.pharmacy.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber. I manually edited the
> corresponding atom names of the residues so that they match the atom name
> in OFF file. Everything runs well and I managed to generate the INPCRD and
> PRMTOP files.

This sounds fine, but a good debugging strategy would be to see if you
encounter similar problems with the non-phosphorylated (standard) amino acids.
That would help determine if the problem is with the protein structure you are
using (you don't say what it is) or with the phorphorylation.

> Hold protein fixed with a force constant of 500 kcal mol-1 angstrom-2
> 500.0

Consider reducing the restraint to 10.

> *Min2.in (minimisation for protein + solvent + ions)*
> Imin=1,maxcyc=5000,ncyc=4900,
> Ntb=1, ntr=0, ntc1,
> Ntf=1, ntpr=100, cut=16

Set cut to 8 (the default), ntpr=1 (so you can see details of what is going
on), maxcyc to 100.

> VDWAALS = 34058305.4132 EEL = -152044.9946 HBOND = 0.000

It is indeed very odd that you have a gigantic van der Waals term, yet ptraj
reports no bad overlaps. It is so odd that might best initial advice is to
double-check that you are interpreting the ptraj output correctly....sure it
reports *some* bad overlaps(?)

....dac