Re: [AMBER] missing parameter of B in .frcmod

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 08:15:33 -0500

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013, ?????? wrote:

> I tried to build the .frcmod file for fpba(4-formyl-phenyl-boronic acid) by
> parmchk. but the .frcmod file was like this:

First, it look like you asked for Amber atom types, which won't help very
much, since boron does not appear in standard biomolecules. But asking for
gaff types will only help a little bit, since the gaff force field doesn't
know anything about boron. My first step would be a literature search for
molecular mechanics parameters for boronic acids.

...dac