Re: [AMBER] igb=7 & 8 CalcError: "pathway" failed with prmtop "protein".prmtop

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 22:24:55 -0500

What compilers did you use to build Amber?

The only thing I can think is happening is that, for some strange reason,
your sander executable is not recognizing the namelists printed out by
MMPBSA.py. Can you attach the _MMPBSA_gb.mdin file here?

Another thing worth trying is to add a space before the &cntrl and the /
character at the end of that file (you can use -make-mdins to generate the
MDIN files, change them, and then use the same command-line with -use-mdins
instead of -make-mdins to use your modified copies).

Also make sure that sander passes all of the tests in the Amber test suite.

The reason igb=1, 2, and 5 work fine is because those GB models use a NAB
program to calculate the energies. In the next version of AmberTools, the
GB neck models (igb=7 and 8) will be available through nab as well.

HTH,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida