Re: [AMBER] Adding buffer and salt

From: Indrajit Deb <biky2004indra.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 22:48:36 +0530

Respected Mr. Jason

Many thanks for your reply.

I have a trinucleotide system and I solvated the system by the following
command
"solvateOct NUC TIP3PBOX 9.0"

The output is as follows:

  Volume: 39543.708 A^3 (oct)
  Total mass 19667.242 amu, Density 0.826 g/cc
  Added 1039 residues.

Before that I have neutralized the system by the following command:
"addions RNA Na+ 0"
The ouput is"
"2 Na+ ions required to neutralize."

These two Na+ ions are required only to neutralize the two -ve charge of
two phosphates. But the ionic strength of the experimental system is
different as I mentioned in my previous mail. As we know the conformation
of RNA systems depends on the ionic strength of the solution, I am thinking
that if it is possible to setup the same experimental ionic strenght for my
system. In this case what should I do ? First I want calculate the number
of MgCl2 and NaCl molecule required for my system and then how to add these
ions in my solvated system.

I also want to know the logic behind. what about the phosphate buffer,
pH=7.0 and EDTA ?

Actually I want to reproduce the experimental(NMR) sugar pucker of the
residues from simulated trajectory. But after a very long simulation
(700ns) the system still not converged and not reproducing the experimental
observation exactly with 2 Na+ ions required for neutralize the system.

Thanks again.

Sincerely

---indrajit

Indrajit Deb