Re: [AMBER] Query regarding cpptraj multiple input in a single file

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:29:48 -0700

Hi,

Unfortunately you currently can't combine different
trajectories/topologies into a single run in cpptraj; each 'trajin' is
run in succession. The only way I can think of approaching this
problem is to manually combine the trajectories and topologies
yourself (maybe using PDB intermediates?) and do it as a single
trajin, adjusting your mask appropriately, e.g.:

parm combined.prmtop
trajin combined.mdcrd
distance Pclamp :16.CA :N.CA

where N is (158+Nres1).

-Dan

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:11 AM, HM <scienceamber.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I was using below mentioned lines to calculate the distance between two
> atoms from two different simulations.
>

> parm complex1.prmtop
> parm complex2.prmtop
> trajin ../nowat12ns.mdcrd parm complex1.prmtop
> trajin PfActin_prime/nowat12ns_atp.mdcrd parm complex2.prmtop
>
> distance Pclamp :16.CA :158.CA out Pclamp_PfNoLat.dat
>
> Can anyone correct me how to modify last distance line so that i can get
> the distance measurement between two atoms from two the trajectories.
>
> Thanks,
> HM

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry