Re: [AMBER] error while running mmpbsa.py in amber12

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:34:37 -0500

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Alessandro Contini <
alessandro.contini.unimi.it> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, I'm quite lazy in changing my habits but I
> guess this is a good occasion to move to NetCDF format...

If it helps, I can bestow the virtues of NetCDF for you:

-- smaller trajectories
-- much faster read/write than ASCII or compressed ASCII (~order of
magnitude)
-- one corrupted frame does not corrupt the whole trajectory
-- full single precision coordinates (ASCII/compressed ascii has much lower
precision)
-- writes much faster with pmemd/pmemd.cuda/sander, making your simulations
go faster (not noticeable really unless ntwx is very small)

Not that I'm biased in any way ;).

Good luck,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida