[AMBER] how to keep the previous restart file when saving the current one

From: Thomas Evangelidis <tevang3.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:17:35 +0200

Dear AMBER users,

Is it possible to save 2 restart (.rst) files instead of one every ntwr
steps, namely the current one (e.g. trajectory.rst) and the previous one
(e.g. trajectory.old.rst). For some reason the queueing system on the
supercomputer I am using cannot resume the simulation from the previous one
if the previous has finished in less that 24 hours. For instance AMBER runs
6 ns/day for my system so in the configuration file I put "nstlim=5000000,
dt=0.002". This raises the problem that the queueing system may kill the
job while AMBER writes the restart file, hence the next job cannot start.
That results to a loss of 24 GPU hours.

Thomas

Thomas Evangelidis
PhD student