Re: [AMBER] Membrane-Peptide Simulation ( peptide going away from membrane)

From: Aldo Segura <asegurac666.yahoo.com.mx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 05:21:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi HM,

I used for membrane-protein systems (peptide in your case) Gromacs. There are several papers about similar issues like yours.

Lemkul, J.A. and Bevan, D.R. (2008) A Comparative Molecular Dynamics Analysis of the Amyloid β-Peptide in a Lipid Bilayer. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 470 (1): 54-63.

Lemkul, J.A. and Bevan, D.R. (2009) Perturbation of membranes by the amyloid β-peptide - a molecular dynamics study. FEBS J. 276 (11): 3060-3075.

Lemkul, J.A. and Bevan, D.R. (2011) Characterization of Interactions between PilA from Pseudomonas aeruginosa Strain K and a Model Membrane. J. Phys. Chem. B 115 (24): 8004-8008.

Also, you should take a look of Justin Lemkul's website: http://bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/research.html and trying to use (or merge) this tutorials:

http://bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/membrane_protein/index.html

http://bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/umbrella/index.html

Best regards,

Aldo

=======================================
Aldo Segura-Cabrera
Laboratorio de Bioinformática
Centro de Biotecnología Genómica
Instituto Politécnico Nacional
Blvd. Del Maestro esquina Elías Piña, 88710
Reynosa, Tamaulipas, México.
(899)9243627 ext. 87747
e-mail: asegurac.ipn.mx; aldosegura.gmail.com
website: www.bioinfolab.org.mx