Re: [AMBER] Membrane-Peptide Simulation ( peptide going away from membrane)

From: HM <scienceamber.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 08:29:11 +0100

Hi Ben,

*"You placed the peptide next to the lipid bilayer with VMD. It sounds like
you expect the peptide insert into the membrane and cross the bilayer, but
it diffused away. "*
 Yes this is what exactly I did, I expect and I am getting. :-(

*"you'll probably need a large amount of sampling in hopes of seeing a
peptide-bilayer interaction. "*
If I understand you correctly, Shall I continue previous simulation and
hope for peptide-bilayer interaction

*Why is this a control? What are you measuring or investigating in this
study?*
This is control because It is already proven (in several experiments) that
given peptide interacts with membrane and finally crosses it. And I want to
keep it as control because I have bunch of peptides in my hand, for which I
am interested in testing their membrane crossing behavior. The one which
will give positive result, I will use further for my lab work.

*Is this really an appropriate method/approach? *
I don't know whether it is an appropriate approach or not. I thought about
it and trying to perform the simulations. If you can correct me or suggest
something then please do it. Just for your info, I have amber10 and amber11
and not amber12 at my system. So for all my work, I can use only both of
them and not Amber12 (which recently added membrane force-fields with nice
tutorial).

Thanks,
HM