[AMBER] generating restart file with velocity information

From: Vijay Manickam Achari <vjrajamany.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 06:53:31 +0000 (GMT)

Dear sir,

I have simulated a box of water molecules using netCDF format  (using ntwv=-1 in md input file). This generated trajectory files with velocity information embedded into traj file. Each trajectory file contain 200 frames.

I am trying get restart file with velocity information written into the file.

When I tried to use ptraj as below:-

ptraj xx.top << EOF
trajin aaa.traj 1 5
trajout bbb.rst restart
EOF

I get five restart files and when I look into the files the velocities are not written into the files. Normally, the restart file contain two parts. The top part contain  x y z coordinates and the bottom part will contain velocities. But the files I generated using above style does not generate restart file with coordinates and velocities information.

When I scan through Amber manual I could not find description that i want.

Is there any way to get velocity and coordinates written into restart files?

Regards

Vijay Manickam Achari
(Phd Student c/o Prof Rauzah Hashim)
Chemistry Department,