[AMBER] MMPBSA/Disulfide bond error

From: Divi <dvenkatlu.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:22:34 -0500

   Hello all:

   I am running MM/PBSA on a homodimer that has three disulfide bonds in each monomer and one disulfide bridge between the monomer. I created the gas-phase topology files for two monomers (that are same since it is homodimer) and complex using tleap.

   Since original solvated complex has disulfide bonds explicitly defined (seven total), I used the same information to create gas-phase topologies. The MMPBSA calculation ran fine but with the following error:

WARNING: INCONSISTENCIES EXIST WITHIN INTERNAL POTENTIAL TERMS. THE VALIDITY OF THESE RESULTS ARE HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE

  If I remove the disulfide bridge information in the leap input file and create the gas-phase topology files, the above WARNING goes away, but the DeltaG values are very high.

  Also, if I run PBSA calculation on one frame, the bond/angle/dihedral shows non-zero values if I use Disulfide bond but they are zero if I do not use disulfide bond in gas-phase topology files. The solvated simulation was run for 200 ns in water and did have disulfide bonds explicitly defined in solvated topology files (obviously).

   Am I doing something wrong here? Or one should not use disulfide links in the gas-phase topology?

   I am using AMBER12 and using MPI version of MMPBSA.

   Thanks for your help
   Divi