Re: [AMBER] Membrane-Peptide Simulation ( peptide going away from membrane)

From: Benjamin D Madej <bmadej.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:49:00 +0000

HM,

It's not clear what your approach is for this simulation. How exactly is your system set up (i.e. system size, number of lipid bilayers, number of waters, number of peptides)? What is the peptide and the mechanism of transport across the membrane? Can you clarify what behavior you expected from this simulation?

In addition, there's already been some work done in our group and our collaborators for lipid parameter sets for Amber. Take a look at the parameter sets Lipid11 and GAFFlipid (Skjevik et al, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2012; Dickson et al, Soft Matter, 2012).

Ben Madej
Walker Molecular Dynamics Lab