Re: [AMBER] Membrane-protein simulation using amber12

From: Benjamin D Madej <bmadej.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:08:05 +0000

Hello Mani,

Membrane-bound protein simulations are still fairly experimental. Usually our membrane-bound protein simulations involve a minimization, careful heating, followed by production.

Definitely take a look at the literature for this: there's already been a good deal of lipid bilayer simulations and the related system parameters. Membrane-bound protein simulations are still fairly cutting-edge, but there's some papers already published.

In particular, the bilayer biophysical parameters are challenging to get correct. What type of bilayer are you using? There are a variety of methods to verify the structural properties of the bilayer, i.e. area per lipid, electron density profile, and others. Can you provide more details about your system?

Ben Madej
Walker Molecular Dynamics Lab