Re: [AMBER] atom type definition mm_pbsa

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:38:57 -0500

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Andrew Anighoro <
andrew.anighoro.unimore.it> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am using amber12 with the ff12SB force field. I would like to
> post-process MD trajectories
> (for binding energy calculations) using mm_pbsa, but it seems that the
> newer atom types of the ff12SB force field have not been incorporated
> into
> pbsa (PB Bomb in pb_aaradi(): No radius assigned for atom....etc etc).
> I have seen plenty of discussion about this issue in the amber mailing
> list.
> Unfortunately, editing the topology files with xparmed when huge
> numbers of mm_pbsa runs are planned is not such a straightforward
> solution....

parmed.py is a text-based version of ParmEd that is easily scriptable (at
least in my opinion). So something like this

#!/bin/sh

# The first argument to this script is the prmtop
new_parm=`basename $1`_mod.prmtop
parmed.py $1 << EOF
change AMBER_ATOM_TYPE .%X1 Y1
change AMBER_ATOM_TYPE .%X2 Y2
outparm $new_parm
EOF

program -p $new_parm ...

therefore may I ask if there is anybody so kind to provide some basic
> instructions on where to define such atom types in the pbsa source
> code.
> I think that would be of great help.
> Thank you very much in advance for your help.

If you grep for pb_aradii in the pbsa source code
($AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/pbsa), you should see where that subroutine is
called and where it is defined. You can add the parameters inside the
pb_aradii subroutine.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida