Re: [AMBER] AMD

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 07:46:33 -0800

Dear Pooja,

The AMD code in AMBER 12 has been extensively tested and heavily
optimized, including support for running on GPUs:

Pierce, L.C.T., Salomon-Ferrer, R. de Oliveira, C.A.F. McCammon, J.A.
Walker, R.C., "Routine access to millisecond timescale events with
accelerated molecular dynamics.", Journal of Chemical Theory and
Computation, 2012, 8 (9), pp 2997-3002, DOI:10.1021/ct300284c
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ct300284c>

I would highly suggest upgrading to AMBER 12 and using that rather than
wasting time trying to implement it in Amber 9 (which is roughly a 6 month
job). Details for obtaining Amber 12 are here:

http://ambermd.org/#obtain

If your research group do not have the funds to purchase AMBER 12 then you
can request a waiver of the AMBER 12 fee as noted in those instructions.

All the best
Ross