Re: [AMBER] AMD

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 06:27:04 -0500

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:18 AM, pooja chahal <chahal.pooja.rs.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Bill,
> I just want to ask about modification that can be done in AMBER 9 suite to
> implement AMD in it? There is a paper in McCammon's paper in JCP in 2004 in
> which they have done some modification in AMBER 7 so that AMD can be
> performed in that suit. My interest is to have some idea about those
> modifications.

That code was never added to the main Amber version -- they custom-modified
Amber to add AMD. Furthermore, since AMD has already been implemented in
Amber 12 and the Amber 9 code base is quite old at this point, no developer
will take the time to add it to Amber 9. Your choices are likely to figure
out how to implement AMD yourself based on the papers or to upgrade to
Amber 12.

I also doubt that the authors of the paper you mention are reading these
emails, so I wouldn't expect them to respond on this email list.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate