Re: [AMBER] [q4md-fft] Issue with creating topology file due to atom type not being recognised in frcmod

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 15:06:51 +0100

Dear Girish,

It looks like that, even when using gaff, there are missing FF parameters:

> Building bond parameters.
> Could not find bond parameter for: n3 - sy
> Building angle parameters.
> Could not find angle parameter: c3 - n3 - sy
> Could not find angle parameter: n3 - sy - o
> Could not find angle parameter: n3 - sy - o
> Could not find angle parameter: n3 - sy - ca
> Could not find angle parameter: c3 - n3 - sy

either you continue to use gaff and add in the frcmod file the missing
FF parameters by analogy to existing ones; or you decide to use the
last update of parm99.dat and create by yourself the frcmod file.

I did not check in gaff.dat and parm99.dat but my guess is that the
van der Waals parameters for sy in gaff and S in parm99.dat derive all
from the Cornell et al. FF. Considering that your molecules is mainly
a peptide, I would use the last adaptation of the Cornell et al. FF
and not GAFF.

Personally, I prefer to manually create the frcmod file because you
better control what you do...

regards, Francois