[AMBER] how to define solvated box dimensions

From: Thomas Evangelidis <tevang3.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 01:02:00 +0200

Dear Amber users,

I want to define a parallelepiped box with specific dimensions. After
reading the numerous posts in the mailing list and the manual, I couldn't
figure out the way to create a solvated box with the desired dimensions.
The closer I could get was when I used the following commands in tleap:

mol = loadpdb protein.pdb
addIons2 mol Na+ 90 Cl- 110
solvateBox mol TIP4PEWBOX { 40 40 40 }
setBox mol vdw
set mol box { 56 108 104 }
savePDB mol protein.amber.pdb
saveAmberParm mol protein.prmtop protein.inpcrd

Although the last line of protein.inpcrd contains the right box dimensions,
the total number of atoms is ~300K whereas the box I want contains just 82K
atoms. How can I achieve that?

thanks,
Thomas

Thomas Evangelidis