Re: [AMBER] Steered Molecular Dynamics: Question

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:49:56 +0100

Hi Vitaly,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I also make reference to

http://enzyme.fbb.msu.ru/Tutorials/Tutorial_3/

where it is stated that "So SMD method will be realized by increasing or decreasing of initial restrained distance between ligand and some active site residue during simulation. Such spherical restraint doesn't specify certain direction"

My problem is that I fail to see why this restraint is spherical.

Regards

George