Re: [AMBER] Steered Molecular Dynamics: Question

From: Dr. Vitaly Chaban <vvchaban.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:20:27 +0100

Hmmm...

Steered MD just means that you "help" your system to evolve in the
desired direction.

What you are speaking about is restraints and is not steered MD in the
common sense. You might apply such restraints to any part of your
system in conventional MD simulations (for example, for more
convenient visualization you will not want your macromolecule to leave
the center of the box), but this trick will NOT make your simulations
steered MD by default.

--
Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban
MEMPHYS - Center for Biomembrane Physics