Re: [AMBER] How to Run MD of Glycol Nucleic Acid (GNA)

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 06:47:54 +0100

Dear Mu Xia,

> I will appreciate that if you send me the force field.

Yes; sorry I am late...

> By the way, do you have any ideas of building the backbone of GNA?
> As far as I know, NAB could bulid the backbone of A-DNA and B-DNA,
> but how the GNA?

You define the conformation for the GNA residues you wish in the FF
libraries. You construct the DNA analog of your GNA to the PDB file
format. You rename the residue names in the PDB file according to that
in the GNA FF lib. You remove the backbone in the PDB file; you load
all in LEaP, which will add the missing atoms; you run MD which should
lead you to a structure that makes sense.

regards, Francois