Re: [AMBER] [apbs-users] iapbs installation

From: Miguel Ortiz Lombardía <miguel.ortiz-lombardia.afmb.univ-mrs.fr>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 17:23:30 +0100

Hi,

In a second of inspiration I found why installation failed. It may well
have to do with copying issues as pointed out by Robert: OSX does weird
things with NFS filesystems and I was trying to install APBS in one such.

I found a way to get APBS + iABPS + sander.APBS. I am writing here the
commands I used in case that is useful to someone:

mkdir iapbs_build # somewhere in a local disk!!!
cd iapbs_build
export APBS_PREFIX=`pwd`
export APBS_SRC=$APBS_PREFIX/apbs
export APBS_LIB=$APBS_PREFIX/lib
svn co https://apbs.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/apbs/trunk apbs
cd $APBS_SRC
CC=gcc-4.6 CXX=g++-4.6 FC=gfortran F77=gfortran ./configure \
--prefix=${APBS_PREFIX} --enable-abps-quiet --disable-openmp
make
make install
cd $APBS_PREFIX/apbs/contrib/iapbs
./setup.sh # you need pretty new autoconf/automake/libtool combo
CC=gcc-4.6 CXX=g++-4.6 FC=gfortran F77=gfortran ./configure \
--prefix=${APBS_PREFIX} --disable-openmp
make
make install
cd $AMBERHOME
./configure -macAccelerate intel # need it if previous install parallel
cd $AMBERHOME/src/sander/
make clean
make -e AMBERBUILDFLAGS="-DAPBS -lz" -e APBS_LIBDIR=$APBS_PREFIX/lib \
APBS_LIBS="-liapbs -lapbsmainroutines -lapbs -lmaloc" sander.APBS

CAVEAT: I have not tested thoroughly the compiled sander.APBS binary

Best regards,

--
Miguel Ortiz Lombardía
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR7257)