Re: [AMBER] imaging issues during RMSF

From: Sangeetha B <sangeetha.bicpu.edu.in>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 17:35:03 +0530

Dan,

Thanks for your reply. I have followed a slightly different procedure and
want to know whether it is right or not.
I have concatenated the mdcrds into a binpos trajectory by stripping the
water and ions and with the nobox keyword.
The ptraj file I used is given below.

trajin md1.mdcrd
-
-
-
trajin md50.mdcrd
strip :WAT,Cl-
trajout md50ns.binpos binpos nobox

Using this stripped trajectory, I first did the rms fit followed by rms
fluctuation calculation (ptraj commands are shown below). Now the
fluctuations seem to be less than 6 angstrom.

trajin md50ns.binpos 1 25000 1
rms first out rmsd_50ns.out .N,CA,C
atomicfluct out rmsf_binpos.out .CA

Is this a correct procedure to follow or should I fit the trajectory to the
average structure?
nobox keyword removes the period box and hence the chains wont be
visualized as moving in separate directions whereas the rotational and
translational motions of the protein as a whole would still be observed.
When performing an RMS fit, these rotational and translational motions are
removed.

Do I still have to include the "image center" keywords?

Also, I have some doubts in clustering the frames. Since my trajectory is
very big (2ps interval), I am not able to perform clustering in a
reasonable time. I want to extract the major conformations visited by the
trimer during simulation and I use rms metric and average linkage algorithm.
Is it meaningful to cluster the frames with an interval of 10ps or more
(using sieve keyword)?
Is it necessary to do an RMS fit of the whole trajectory before performing
clustering analysis?

--
Thank you,
B. Sangeetha