Re: [AMBER] is AMBER FF good enough for long time scaled MD?

From: Albert <mailmd2011.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:36:33 +0100

Hi Vlad:

   thanks a lot for such kind comments again.

   I've read that PLOS ONE paper before, in that paper, the author from
Deshaw group finnally conclude that the CHARMM22star and Amber99ILDN are
the two best FF for long time scaled MD simulation. However, my system
is a membrane/protein one, and I've asked people in charge of
CHARMM22star FF, and he told me that they didn't validate the
compability between CHARMM22star and CHARMM36_lipids FF. Of course for
Amber FF, I hope it won't be a problem for the compability between
AMBER99SB-ILDN and AmberGAFF FF.

   If am right, both AMBER99SB-ILDN and CHARMM22star FF were devoloped
in Deshaw group instead of AMBER or CHARMM group.

best
Albert