Re: [AMBER] AMBER-ORCA-Freq

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:14:25 -0500

Hi Marawan,

I've not performed a lot of such simulations, but what you propose sounds
reasonable. I believe the time step has a direct impact on the resolution
of the spectrum. I guess it should be chosen to produce stable dynamics (as
per usual) and to obtain the desired resolution (although I don't know
off-hand the conversion from fs to cm-1). I don't think there is any
difference between IR and Raman other than the observable that is followed.

A (somewhat) recent paper that looked at this: Kaminski, *et al.* *J. Chem.
Theory Comput.* 2010, *6*, 1240-1255.
Although I'm sure there are others.

Regards,
Brian

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM, marawan hussain
<marawanhussain.yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear AMBER users,
> Thanks for the helpful answers.
> Other question:
> What is the optimum time step i have to print the dipole moment at each
> time from the ORCA-AMBER run to Fourier transform and got the IR spectrum.
> ?..I have read for a similar purpose that it should be 0.25 fs
> (dt=0.00025), is it correct.?
> Can i got the Raman spectra by a similar procedure.?
>
> Regards
> Marawan

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu