Re: [AMBER] Antechamber and GTP

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:56:28 +0100

Dear Fernando,

You might be interested in the 'F-90' project in R.E.DD.B.
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-90/ &
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-91/

You will find GTP (with two protonation states) and far more i.e. more
than 200 biochimical cofactors in this project...

The 'building block' approach was followed; this allows rigorously
controlling the conformation of the building blocks that compose the
whole molecule(s); this takes a particular importance for multiply
charged molecules, where the geometry of the whole molecule (i.e. GTP
in your case) obtained after geometry optimization is unlikely to be
representative...

regards, Francois

> Sorry again, but I have realized of one problem. If I use gtp without
> protons, acpype works fine (antechamber runs with the mol2 file). But
> if I add protons to the base and ring (as it is how it is as ligand in
> a protein), it is when problems start again (same I described before).
>
> So I don't know really what's the problem with the protons.
>
> Fernando
>
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:09:59 +0100, Fernando Martín García wrote:
>> Dear David,
>>
>> You were right. I've changed my initial structure of GTP (the other one
>> came from a dynamic) and now antechamber works fine, and acpype too.
>>
>> Thanks for your answer and time
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Fernando

>>> Please see Note 6 in section 4.2 of the AmberTools12 manual. But
>>> also make
>>> sure that you have a good initial geometry, and that -4 is the
>>> correct charge
>>> for the geometry you are using (i.e. that there are no hydrogen atoms
>>> on the
>>> phosphate groups.)
nfo/amber