Re: [AMBER] Umbrella sampling with pmemd

From: Roitberg,Adrian E <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:03:25 +0000

DId you try to use it in pmemd?

adrian

From: Sajeewa Pemasinghe [sajeewasp.gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:30 AM
To: AMBER Mailing List
Subject: Re: [AMBER] Umbrella sampling with pmemd

Hi Dr.Roitberg,

Well in section 4.2 (umbrella sampling) in amber11, amber12 manuals there
is no mentioning of anything about pmemd. When I check the section 7.2
(functionality of pmemd) it says nmrpot=2 is NOT supported but doesn't say
anything about supporting or not supporting nmropt=1 with harmonic
constraints.

This page http://www.uky.edu/ukit/hpc/docs/Amber/v12-new-features says
"Additional
features from Sander have been added to the pmemd code for both CPUs and
GPUs, including Temperature Replica Exchange, Isotropic Periodic Sum,
Accelerated Molecular Dynamics and support for various harmonic restraints
based on the use of NMRopt on GPUs".

But I am NOT using GPUs. So as it is quite vague I just needed a straight
answer from you guys. As of now I think umbrella sampling is NOT supported
but just want to be more sure.

Sajeewa Dewage