[AMBER] problems with the keyword "append" in trajout command...

From: Shashidhar Rao <shashidharr.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:46:24 -0400

I am attempting to append AMBER trajectory data to an existing trajectory
file in the netcdf format (with the .nc extension) using the following
command:

trajout junk_nobox.nc append nobox

where junk_nobox.nc was previously created using the command "trajout
junk_noxbox.nc nobox"

however, I notice that the process of appending the file has not been
done. The file size of the new file is almost the same as the older one,
instead of doubling. I found the same issue when I used the default ascii
file format for the output. The manual says that the append option works
only with AMBER trajectory format and netcdf format (page 173 of AmberTools
manual).

Any insights into this issue would be helpful. Currently, I am using the
bypass solution of generating individual trajectory files with different
names.

thanks,
Shashi

--