Re: [AMBER] Problem related to the parallel installation og Amber11

From: Ben Roberts <ben.roberts.geek.nz>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 10:15:10 +1300

Hi Sindrila,

Red Hat comes with its own package manager, not synaptic. As you say, it has RPM, and there may be a GUI front end that you can use if you're more comfortable with that.

There is probably an FFTW package that you can download through the package manager. If not, RPM files are available from http://www.fftw.org/install/linux.html. Please be aware that the maintainers of that page recommend using the RPM for your distribution, instead of their RPM, if possible. This would be my recommendation also.

If you continue having difficulties with FFTW installation on your Red Hat system, you may be better off trying channels geared towards Red Hat users and administrators, or (failing that) towards FFTW users. Here on the Amber list, we aren't set up to offer support for getting third-party packages working on third-party operating systems.

Best,
Ben