[AMBER] patching AmberTools 12 failed

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:36:34 +0200

I already have AmberTools12 on a Debian amd64 server. Now I wanted to
have it also on my vintage desktop Debian i386.

At ./configure gnu, problems arose in applying patches:

root.deb32:/usr/local/amber12# ./configure gnu
Checking for updates...
AmberTools12 has 24 unapplied patches: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,
11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

There are patches available. Do you want to apply them now? [y/n]
(Recommended Y)
Determining patches to download for AmberTools12
  Downloading bugfix.1
  Downloading bugfix.2
  Downloading bugfix.3
  Downloading bugfix.4
  Downloading bugfix.5
  Downloading bugfix.6
  Downloading bugfix.7
  Downloading bugfix.8
  Downloading bugfix.9
  Downloading bugfix.10
  Downloading bugfix.11
  Downloading bugfix.12
  Downloading bugfix.13
  Downloading bugfix.14
  Downloading bugfix.15
  Downloading bugfix.16
  Downloading bugfix.17
  Downloading bugfix.18
  Downloading bugfix.19
  Downloading bugfix.20
  Downloading bugfix.21
  Downloading bugfix.22
  Downloading bugfix.23
  Downloading bugfix.24

Applying AmberTools12 patches
Error or warning during patching process for
.patches/AmberTools_Unapplied_Patches/bugfix.1:
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file
AmberTools/src/parmed/ParmedTools/ParmedActions.py.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
AmberTools/src/parmed/ParmedTools/exceptions.py.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
AmberTools/src/parmed/ParmedTools/gui/_guiactions.py.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file
AmberTools/src/parmed/chemistry/amber/mask.py.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
AmberTools/src/parmed/chemistry/amber/readparm.py.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
AmberTools/src/parmed/chemistry/exceptions.py.rej

Automatic patching failed! Check the errors before re-configuring
root.deb32:/usr/local/amber12#

While its was not clear to me (from examining the indicated files) why
the problem, does that mean that also bugfixes 2-24 were skipped?

thanks
francesco pietra