[AMBER] Could not open mdcrd file with mode (r)

From: Zalikha Ibrahim <zalikha.ibrahim.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:56:40 -0700 (PDT)

Good day to all,

I have two question,

1) I have a mdcrd file with the size almost 4 GB. I tried to proceed checking rmsd using ptraj, but it gave me warning 'could not open mdcrd file with mode (r)'. I searched in archive, and found that the problem might due to file permission. So I change the mode from rw-rw-r to rwxrwx--x, but still it didnt work. I would be grateful if anyone could help me how to solve this, so that I can proceed with analysis.

2) Can we process a crash mdcrd file? If it possible, does it require any manual modification before analysis?

Thanks so much

Zalikha Ibrahim