Re: [AMBER] PM3 instead of AM1 in ANTECHAMBER?

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:20:01 -0400

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012, Shahoei, Seyyedehrezvan wrote:

> Does anybody know if I can use PM3 calculations in antechamber instead of AM1?!

Sure: the -ek parameter will modify how antechamber calls sqm, or you can run
sqm calculations "by hand" and specify PM3 as the Hamiltonian.

Note that the AM1-bcc charge correction model (as suggested by its name) is
based on AM1 calculations. So it is not recommended to use the "-c bcc" flag
if you plan to use the PM3 Hamiltonian.

...dac