Re: [AMBER] modified nucleotide

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 22:04:21 +0200

Krisztina,

> keeping the macromolecular parameters for the standard amino acid
> and nucleotide part sounds sensible to me, but the linker is a
> problem: for charges you suggest RED (thanks for the link!), but
> where do I get the rest of the parameters?

R.E.D. will do the job i.e. derive the charge values for the fragment
and generate the force field (FF) library.
Then, you will have to add the FF atom types; and define the connecting atoms.

> The alternative is, that Antechamber could make an internally
> consistent new residue in GAFF, which is then used together with
> macromolecular AMBER ff residues....

I think you need a fragment in agreement with force field types as
defined in parm99.dat and not as in GAFF; i.e. using capital letters.

regards, Francois

           F.-Y. Dupradeau
                 ---
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/FyD/