[AMBER] Atomtype for negatively charged O

From: Jesper Sørensen <jesorensen.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:37:06 -0700

Hi all,

I am trying to parameterize a ligand that contains a deprotonated phenol group.
The oxygen is not exactly double bonded, but the C-O bond distance is very short (1.24 based on QM optimizations). Using parmcal this distance places it between a double bond (1.23) and a conjugated bond (1.26).

I have been looking through the force field files for amber and gaff for a good atomtype for the oxygen, but I am not sure which one to use.
Does anyone have a good suggestion for one to use, or should I proceed to create one on my own?
In either case, would you suggest adding special bonded parameters for this bond, perhaps using values from parmcal?

Best regards,
Jesper

---
Jesper Sørensen, Ph.D.