Re: [AMBER] point mutation - residue swap

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 20:48:04 +0200

Dear Jonathan,

You could edit the PDB file: (i) remove the side chain of the amino
acid to be mutated; (ii) rename the backbone of this residue according
to the residue name of the mutation. Then, you load the modified PDB
file in the LEAP program, which will automatically add the missing
atoms (i.e. the side chain) in agreement with the FF library of the
mutated residue.

regards, Francois