Re: [AMBER] Antibiotics Parameters

From: Shahoei, Seyyedehrezvan <shahoei2.illinois.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 01:38:03 +0000

Dear Francois,

I followed your suggestion and tried R.E.D. I basically don't understand what is going on in Fig 1 of the tutorials.

> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php#1
> or
> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#1

Are these parameters, AMBER parameters or CHARMM's?! Does it mean till producing Mol2/Mol3 files nothing different is going on?! Then how these files turn into "rtf" format? Is it just rtf format with AMBER parameters or CHARMM parameters. As you know for sure these two force fields have totally different parameters.

This is exactly what I am trying to do:
Find the AMBER parameters for an antibiotic which is inside a ribosome. I have AMBER parameters for ribosome in "CHARMM format" (because I run MD in NAMD and it needs CHARMM format). I need to have something similar for the antibiotic. Basically AMBER parameters, but once I got them I have to change the format to "CHARMM"'s.

Hopefully I could explain clearly what my problem is.

Thank you very much for your time and attention!

Cheers,
Rezvan