[AMBER] presumed problem with SHAKEH: disappears on passing from CUDA version to normal Sander

From: Emanuele Monza <emanuele.monza.bsc.es>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 11:08:13 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to run a MD of hemoglobin. After preparing all necessary input
with Xleap I minimize the sistem with Sander (four different minimizations)
and everything it is fine. Then I have four stages of equilibration (100 ps
each). These are ran with CUDA version. The simulation dies giving the
following error message:

*Hydrogen atom 219 appears to have multiple bonds to atoms 220 and 221
which is illegal for SHAKEH.
Exiting due to the presence of inconsistent SHAKEH hydrogen clusters.*

There is a problem: Atom 219 is NOT a hydrogen, is a carbon... So I try to
run normal Sander (no CUDA acceleration) and everything it is fine!
I am using Amber 11 and preparing the system with Amber Tools 12.
Do you have any idea of which could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Emanuele