Re: [AMBER] Compiling ptraj in parallel

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:03:31 -0600

Hi Gustavo,

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. We're trying to cluster a large trajectory, and
> clustering is taking forever for it. That's why I tried to compile
> ptraj in parallel. Can cpptraj do clustering as well?

Cpptraj can do clustering, but it's not parallelized (yet). As far as
I know the clustering code in ptraj was not parallelized either, only
trajectory reads were. Have you tried clustering with the 'sieve'
keyword (ptraj)? That speeds things up without losing too much
accuracy.

-Dan

--
Daniel R. Roe, PhD