Re: [AMBER] Minimization problem on Amber 12.1 GPU version

From: Scott Le Grand <varelse2005.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 10:31:29 -0700

Can you send me the system in question. We're aware of an issue with SPFP
and minimizations that start in unrealistically high energy cases that
would never be seen in anything short of a runaway MD run. The temporary
workaround is to do minimizations in SPDP while we gather enough of these
cases to figure out how to handle them transparently (the best way would be
to do the first few steps in SPDP while those clashes exist but NVIDIA
makes that awkward).

Scott