[AMBER] ntt 2 vs 3 on GPU using latest Amber 12 updates

From: Tim Travers <tstravers.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 13:06:55 -0400

Hello,

I have a protein system in explicit water of around 56000 total atoms.
Using the latest Amber 12 updates, I found that the Andersen thermostat
(ntt=2) is slower by about 1 ns/day compared to Langevin (ntt=3). The runs
are on a single GPU using SPFP precision. But this page (
http://ambermd.org/gpus/) says that Langevin should be slightly slower, so
I'm wondering about this difference. For Andersen, I'm using vrand=1000,
which should be reasonable (it themostats to the target temperature fine)?

Thanks,
Tim