Re: [AMBER] using igb=7

From: Thomas Gaillard <thomas.gaillard.polytechnique.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 12:35:55 +0200

Le Tuesday 04 September 2012 à 10:31:10PM, jit mukherjee a écrit :
> Dear Carlos,
> Thanks for your reply. You advised me to use igb=1 only. Why only igb=1 and
> not igb=2 (igb=2 is better than igb=1 to describe true molecular volume,
> i.e. , closer to real situation than using igb=1). Is the effective Born
> radii are not rescaled for nucleic acid or the corresponding bases? Please
> clarify.
>
> Regards,
> jit

Hi,

You can maybe have a look at the following work, where different GB variants
(AMBER GB 1, 2, 5, 7; CHARMM GBMV) in combination with both ff99bsc0 and
all27 force fields were evaluated for DNA modeling against explicit
simulation and experimental data:

Evaluation of DNA Force Fields in Implicit Solvation
J. Chem. Theory Comput., 2011, 7, 3181
http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ct200384r

- FF and GB defects can compensate or add up

- best FF+GB combinations are ff99bsc0+GBMV ("AMBARMM") or all27+GB1 ("CHAMBER")

- GBMV is better than pairwise GB methods

- GB1 is better than GB 2, 5, 7

AMBER GB8 was not tested.

--
Thomas Gaillard