Re: [AMBER] Installation problem of AmberTools of AMBER11

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 08:16:47 -0400

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012, Sanjib Paul wrote:

> I use AMBER 9. Now, I want to install
> tools of AMBER11. I downloaded it and tried to follow the instructions
> given in webpage. I downloaded the file bugfix.all. Then as given in
> instruction I gave command
> $ patch -p0 -N < bugfix.all
> Here one line is coming
> File to patch:
> I can't understand what file should I give here. Once I gave file
> 'bugfix.all'. But again that line is coming,
> File to patch:
> What should I do now? Please help..

We need more details. First, what exactly did you download? You really
should download AmberTools12 (using the "download AmberTools" link at
http://ambermd.org). We don't offer earlier versions any more, and it's hard
to tell what you really mean by "tools of Amber11", or what webpage you are
using to find instructions. (Note that one of the improvements in the current
release is that bugfixes and updates are made automatically, and users don't
have to do that by hand.)

....dac