[AMBER] Amber12 Configuring NetCDF or fftw3 or MTK++ hang

From: Yu Chen <chen.hhmi.umbc.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:26:56 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to configuring Amber12 on Macbook Pro with OS X 10.7.4 with
lastest Xcode 4.4.1 with GNU compilers installed/managed from FINK (gcc
4.7.1)

It will hang at either
Configuring NetCDF (may be time-consuming)... with "./configure gnu"
or
Configuring fftw3 (may be time-consuming)... with "./configure
-nobintraj gnu"
or
Configuring MTK++ (may be time-consuming)... with "./configure
-nobintraj -nofftw3 gnu"

Believe me, we noticed "(may be time-consuming)..." warning. We waited for
more than 3 hours before we quit.

Although on an other Macbook Pro with 10.7.4 with Xcode 4.3.2 with GNU from
Macports (gcc 4.3.4), everything configured/compiled/tested all fine. And
the NetCDF/fftw3/MTK++ configuration parts all went pass fairly quickly
(only couple of minutes).

There are no errors/warning or any outputs, the "netcdf_config.log" file is
empty, although the timestamp of the file did get updated.

Can anybody give some advices on what's going on and how to proceed?

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Regards,
Chen