[AMBER] More RMS fit

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 14:28:05 +0200

I'm trying to calculate RMSF values of CA atoms for my trajectory and compare them to the corresponding ones of the X-ray structure.

I'm doing a rms fit according to the manual using the following input script

trajin my.mdcrd
rms first mass out rmsd.dat :1-123.CA
atomicfluct out bfactor.apf .CA byatom bfactor

The values obtained compare well to those of the X-ray structure.

If I do an rms fit to the average structure according to the script

trajin my.mdcrd
trajin average.pdb
rms reference mass out rmsd.dat :1-123.CA
atomicfluct out bfactor.apf .CA byatom bfactor

the values obtained are easily an order of magnitude higher.

There's obviously a glitch in the syntax of the script.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions

Best regards

George