Re: [AMBER] laptop GPU support

From: Scott Le Grand <varelse2005.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 08:04:43 -0700

Re Optimus: Basically Linus Torvalds attempted to force NVIDIA to make
their drivers open source and NVIDIA balked. Then Linus Torvalds gave them
the finger on video and it all went downhill from there.

There's an easy fix to this if the Linux team really wants Optimus support
but they have to back down from their Stallman-like stance on this matter.
GPL-3 is the kiss of death for support from most commercial software
companies.