Re: [AMBER] AMBER on GPU: What is the maximum no. of nodes tested?

From: Scott Le Grand <varelse2005.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 08:00:08 -0700

Currently, there isn't an MPI fabric/software in existence that enables
scaling past 16 GPUs for multi-GPU simulations. Even for GB on large
molecules, which has plenty of work to do, something very bad happens past
8-16 nodes that causes scaling to peter out.

And without hardware to test on (I don't have reliable access to anything),
there's no way to diagnose why...