Re: [AMBER] Bug in AmberTools12 cpptraj? 'trajout onlyframes' doesn't work

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 07:49:50 -0600

Hi,

Does your copy of cpptraj pass all of the test cases? Specifically
'test.framerange' (from $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/test/cpptraj type make
test.framerange). This tests the 'onlyframes' functionality, both
writing Amber trajectory and restarts. It works for me with my copy of
AmberTools 12.

-Dan

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Marc van der Kamp
<marcvanderkamp.gmail.com> wrote:
> PS A related issue is that when onlyframes is specified, it appears that
> the [<fileformat>] flag is ignored, i.e. AmberTools1.5 cpptraj writes the
> default formatted AMBER trajectory file regardless, not e.g. a dcd file.
> I don't know if writing different formatted trajectory files with
> onlyframes is supposed to be supported or not, but if it isn't, it's not
> clear from the manual.
>
> On 31 July 2012 14:24, Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was trying out the 'onlyframes' option of trajout in cpptraj for the
>> first time today.
>> With cpptraj from AmberTools12, I could not get a trajectory to write,
>> with no error message listed in the output. I applied all patches available
>> this morning, recompiled but the issue remained.
>>
>> Going back to AmberTools1.5 cpptraj, I could get a trajectory to write,
>> with the exact same input. (So I've got a workaround: just use
>> AmberTools1.5 cpptraj.)
>> This is the trajout line I tested with:
>> trajout test.mdcrd onlyframes 1,5,6-8
>>
>> This was the relevant information in the output of AmberTools12 cpptraj:
>>
>> > [trajout test.mdcrd onlyframes 1,5,6-8]
>> Saving frames 1 5 6 7 8>
>> OUTPUT TRAJECTORIES:
>> [test.mdcrd] is an AMBER trajectory, Parm 0: Writing frames 1 5 6 7 8
>>

>> And this the equivalent information in the output of AmberTools1.5 cpptraj

>> Saving frames 1 5 6 7 8
>> OUTPUT TRAJECTORIES:
>> [test.mdcrd] is an AMBER trajectory, Parm 0 (with box info)
>>

>> Is this a bug in AmberTools12 cpptraj?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Marc

Daniel R. Roe, PhD