Re: [AMBER] NPT equilibration error: ASSERTion 'e' failed in nonbond_list.F90 at line 849

From: Dr. Vitaly V. G. Chaban <vvchaban.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:39:51 -0400

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Maria Minakova
<mariabiophysics.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> My equilibration of the synthetic+chromophore systems fails consistently after switching to NPT from NVT at 300 K.
> The system was minimized, heated to 300 K and equilibrated (nvt) with harmonic restriction to the helix, so I get not unfolding artifacts before the production runs.
> When I switch to Langevin dynamics, the simulation always fails after first ~30 ps (6 attempts with varying conditions: smaller time step, strong/weak/no harmonic restrictions for the macromolecule).

Hmm... Did it always fail after ~30ps regardless the time-step? What
the time-step are you using normally for this system?

What about the energy vs time plot? This is your first debugging stage.

--
Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban, 430 Hutchison Hall
Dept. Chemistry, University of Rochester